- About metadata
- About METeOR
- About metadata standards
- About Indicators
- National minimum data sets and data set specifications
- National Data Dictionaries
- Registration Authorities
National minimum data sets and data set specifications
National minimum data sets
A National minimum data set (NMDS) is a minimum set of data elements agreed for mandatory collection and reporting at a national level. It may include data elements that are also included in other NMDSs. An NMDS is contingent upon a national agreement to collect uniform data and to supply it as part of the national collection, but does not preclude agencies and service providers from collecting additional data to meet their own specific needs.
- Health sector NMDSs
- Community services sector NMDSs
- Homelessness and housing services sector NMDSs
- Early Childhood NMDS
Data set specifications
A data set specification (DSS) is a metadata set that is not mandated for collection but is recommended as best practice.
From 2016-17 onwards, a decision was taken by the Health Registration Authority to re-categorise the health sector DSSs as either best endeavours or best practice.
- A Health sector National Best Endeavours Data Set (NBEDS) is a metadata set that is not mandated for national collection but there is a commitment to provide data nationally on a best endeavours basis.
- A Health sector National Best Practice Data Set (NBPDS) is a metadata set that is not mandated for collection but is recommended as best practice.