Service Agreement - Department of Health Tasmania: 2018, Elective Surgery - Number of Category 3 patients who are treated in turn, 2018
Identifying and definitional attributes
|Metadata item type:||Indicator|
|Short name:||Treat in Turn Rates Cat 3|
This KPI is expressed as a percentage.
Elective Surgery Treat In Turn rate using the Royal Australian College of Surgery (RACS) calculation method. Measures the percentage of patients treated in turn from the longest waiting through to those waiting the least amount of time. Nationally the target for this indicator is set at 60-80%.
A higher percentage indicates more of the longer waiting patients are being treated from the back of the list.
To ensure that patients are removed in order of the longest waiting back. Allowing for clinical discretion at a level of approximately 40% but requiring the remaining 60% of patients to be treated from the longest waiting section of the waiting list for each category.
|Indicator set:||Service Plan - Department of Health Tasmania: 2018|
Tasmanian Health, Superseded 24/07/2019
|Outcome area:||Elective surgery access|
Tasmanian Health, Standard 07/12/2016
The download may take a while, please wait.
Do not refresh the screen until the download is complete.