- About METeOR
- About metadata
- About metadata standards
- About Indicators
- National minimum data sets and data set specifications
- National Data Dictionaries
- Registration Authorities
Health sector national minimum data sets
National minimum data sets downloadable documents (last updated 20/10/2017)
Listed below are the National Minimum Data Sets (NMDS) in the health sector. These links will take you to the data sets where they can be download in Word or PDF.
METeOR allows you to download items in PDF or Microsoft Word 2003 and above. Click into the NMDS and then click on the link in the top right corner of the page, for the format you wish to download. Some metadata items provide you the option of selecting to open/save in long form (includes information for this NMDS and Data Elements contained within the NMDS) or short form (includes information for this NMDS only).
Large File Warning
Some NMDSs are large documents of over to 2 MB and may take a few minutes to download or may exceed the capacity of some systems if downloaded.
Name of NMDS and link to onscreen view and Implementation date/s
- Admitted patient care NMDS 2017-18 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
- Alcohol and other drug treatment services NMDS 2015- 01/07/2015 onwards
- Community mental health care NMDS 2017-18 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
- Elective surgery waiting times NMDS 2017-18 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
- Government health expenditure NMDS 2014- 01/07/2014 onwards
- Local Hospital Networks/Public hospital establishments NMDS 2017–18 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
- Mental health establishments NMDS 2017-18 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
- Non-admitted patient care hospital aggregate NMDS 2017-18 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
- Non-admitted patient emergency department care NMDS 2017-18 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
- Perinatal NMDS 2014-18 01/07/2014 to 30/06/2018
- Public dental waiting times NMDS 2013- 01/07/2013 onwards
- Radiotherapy waiting times NMDS 2015- 01/07/2015 onwards
- Residential mental health care NMDS 2017-18 01/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
Please note this page is not automatically updated. If you do not find the NMDS that you are looking for, please try the Advanced search in METeOR.